One of the highlights was hearing from Entertainment.com Chairman & CEO, Dean Debiase. Dean shared some great statistics and research that he has gathered from his experience. “There’s not enough innovation; there’s mostly imitation. This is usually followed by consolidation,” he claimed.
Here are some interesting tidbits we learned
- Some question if merchants continue to offer such steep discounts. E-commerce stores have been able to offer these discounts for years.
- 50% of offline purchases are touched online
- 35% of people use a different email for purchasing than the email they use for signing up to a Daily Deal site – survey by DealNation
- The bottom line is that “Customers are attracted to great deals, and that is something that is never going to change.”
How this conference affects Dealy
Dealy is a unique product in the whirlwind of daily deal companies that are popping up like mushrooms. I believe Dealy is one of the innovators that Dean Debiase talked about.
- Dealy innovates technology for E-commerce stores. Deal of the day sites are really a stem from E-commerce stores.
- E-commerce stores have been able to offer huge discounts for years, the daily deal craze helps these stores to gain that marketing power.
- We learned much about the industry. We have ideas that will make Dealy even better, so stay tuned!